Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tenshi or Icarus

I have seen the storm clouds gathering
the tides of your passions ebb and flow
I have seen the sun on your hair
and the fire in your eyes as you look at me
but I have never seen you free

tonight we will travel to my escape
where I will take you body and soul
and I will teach you the power of regret
or the full measure of loves passion
and we will cherish or despise each other

swim with me into the night
spinning recklessly out of control
standing tall upon your knees
we will disrobe with our eyes open
one button at a time until all is undone

then you and I will play with the embers
burning our hands and our souls together
tossing the fires between us
in a dangerous game of catch
until we are embroiled in a delicious fire

yes I know there is a price to pay
for both sin and happiness
some will try to define it
but who will pay the price to know the truth
I dare you... not to love me but to live

and now you must decide
will you acquiesce surrender submit
not to me but to yourself
to the passions so clear to see
what will you find beside your bed this night

will your passions erupt beyond your fears
with blanket strewn as ragged toys
the scent of vanilla in the air
the taste of chocolate on your breasts
cascading kisses seared upon your skin

a broken pile of thoughts and memories
shattered and ravaged by time
wait patiently for us on the floor
huddled together with black lace and fear
cast aside as we embrace each other

what comes at the dying of this night
will Tenshi die as Icarus *
or will you cleave tight to me and cry
as love pierces through bright clouds
spark of my souls life within you

this night you will see the end
and know what every lover knows
that even though storms arise
and safe ships find safe harbors
love is only found with nets cast in the deep

*Tenshi = Angel in Japanese Icarus = in Greek Mytholoty he is the son of Daedalus and is known for his attempt to escape Crete by flight, which ended in a fall to his death. Icarus' father made a set of wings out of feathers and wax and warned Icarus not to fly to close to the water or he sun. Icarus was so thrilled to be able to fly he forgot the warning and flew to close to the sun. The wax melted and Icarus fell to his death.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about poetry is the word usage and the flow. I thought you did a very good job on this. Without those two things, it's hard for me to read a poem (or to like one I wrote that doesn't have either done very well). I thought this made the approach to the poem wonderful.

Since you put mechanics in place that allowed me to actually read your poem, I was also able to see the wonderful dichotomy you displayed in it. I loved how you didn't focus merely on the excitement or the goodness of love, but how you focused on the fear and uncertainty of those actions. It was a very well written poem in terms of both drawing me in as well as causing me to become emotionally invested in the story, and realize my own emotions.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, cast the net deep to catch love in the ocean of life!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home